I have been using Kayla Itsines Sweat app for a while now, and I’ve got to say… I really really like it! I’ll just cut right to it. It’s not perfect, but I would highly recommend it to anyone I know. I’ll go into more detail below.
I would like to note, however, that I am not currently using the SWEAT app. Right now I am doing the Beach body 80 day challenge. I’ll let you know how it goes!
What I think about SWEAT by Kayla Itsines.
1. One of the things that initially drew me to the Sweat app was NOT the recent trend of women promoting it and showing their before/after photos (although they are really cool and I love it!), but actually the workout structure of BBG. It is very similar to my own workouts that I create!
You alternate between days of body weight HIIT (High intensity interval training) exercises in a circuit format, and days of LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) cardio.
I love this workout structure because the combination of the two different types of workouts gets you into great shape! Better shape than if you only did lets say cardio everyday….
And the workouts on the app are only 28 minutes. 28 minutes!!!! This is great for if you have very little time to workout. That could be a pro in and of itself!
2. I love the app! It made working out so easy and accessible as it laid out all my workouts for me.
It was also motivating, and doing the programs in “12 week challenge” increments is totally doable. All I needed to do was start the workout on the app and listen as it directed me (and showed me) on what to do.
Everything was at my own pace, which I was totally great with!
3. They have different programs on the SWEAT app. It’s like having 4 different personal trainers in your phone!
So I did the BBG 1.0 12 week challenge and saw great results. Then I did the PWR program with Kelsey Wells which is more gym based, and then started BBG 2.0. I loved all the programs and would highly recommend!
4. THE RESULTS. I’m not going to post my before/after photos because…..well, nervous! But I am going to say I was impressed with my results after 12 weeks of using the app and then as time went on.
I didn’t lose all the fat that I wanted after 12 weeks, but honestly I wasn’t doing much with my nutrition (abs are DEFINITELY made in the kitchen!!!).
But what I was impressed with is how STRONG I felt. I could do 10 burpees like it was nothing. If you know what burpees are, then you know….
I was also going to the Chiropractor at the time, and he couldn’t believe how quickly my back muscles were getting in shape.
I did lose quite a bit of inches and definitely saw a difference in my posture, my skin health and my mood. (That’s a reason why I workout guys. To keep my anxiety at bay.)
1. The nutrition. Like I said earlier I didn’t focus on my nutrition much, but I didn’t feel like it was a focus in the program at all!
They do have guidelines and recipes on the app, but I felt that the foods were not something I ate on a regular basis, like at all. And I’m not that unhealthy of an eater! It was just not simple for me, but someone else may love it!
It could be because Kayla is from Australia, and they probably eat pretty different from us in America??? I don’t know. Never been there!
All I knew was that for me it was not sustainable. But the idea was sound! (Eat mostly whole foods, and smaller meals throughout the day).
2. The price. Honestly for me the price was not a big deal because I see it as getting a personal trainer at my fingertips, and the value was there!
But I have heard it time and time again from others that the $20/ month is a little too steep for them. It’s true. It may be a little high. Especially when you compare it to other fitness apps and programs.
The way I like to look at it is if this app gets me motivated to workout, then $20/ month is worth my health. PERIOD!
OVERALL I would have to say that I love the SWEAT app by Kayla Itsines.
I feel like it is laid out well, it has obviously helped a lot of women take back their lives and get fit, and Kayla herself is such a motivating/inspirational person!
I love following Kayla on Instagram. She just had a baby, and shared workouts throughout her pregnancy!
I hope you found this review helpful if you were thinking about taking the plunge with the BBG program! Let me know your thoughts and questions below.xo, adri